- Be the first to find out about social events in Beech.
- Keep up to date with how the Village Hall is doing and share your ideas.
- Contribute to our strong sense of community.
The Beech Village Hall Charity exists to improve people’s lives in Beech, and we want to help you feel closer to the Hall, your neighbours and the social activities in the village. After all, it’s YOUR charity. Your Management Team wants to improve how we keep you informed about what’s happening. We want to continue to be transparent about how we are running the Hall. And we value your participation and feedback.
We are therefore inviting you to join our new Membership Programme. We will contact Village Hall Members directly by email about events and community activities, and include a link to sign up where appropriate, so we won’t need to rely so heavily on Nextdoor, Facebook, posters and leaflets. We will be able to ask Members for feedback more easily than we can now. We will be able to send you AGM meeting materials in advance and ask you if you’d like any specific topics to be addressed at the meeting.
We know everyone receives plenty of emails, so we will place a strict limit on the number of emails we will send out; this limit will be influenced by Members’ feedback. Your information will be handled according to our privacy statement and we will not share it with any third party.
It’s very quick and easy to sign up. Simply visit membermojo.co.uk/beechvillage/joinus and complete the simple form. If you prefer not to complete a form online, or are unable to do so, email us at [email protected] and we’ll arrange a paper form for you.
As you complete the form, you will notice a few things:
- There are two classes of membership. Full Membership is for people who live in Beech and are entitled to attend and vote at general meetings. But we have lots of friends in the surrounding area who have connections with our village, so Associate Membership is available for those who used to live in Beech, or have relatives or friends here.
- It’s free to join and you will remain a member for as long as you wish to. It’s easy for you to update your details when you need to, with no password required!
- You will be invited to click a box if you want to receive regular updates about events and so forth. If you don’t tick this, you will just receive information relating to your membership, which mostly means AGM notices.
- You will be asked if you are willing to volunteer to help and which areas you could help with. This is critically important, as nothing works without volunteers! Ticking this box doesn’t commit you to anything, but we might contact you from time to time as long as you are happy for us to do so. Even if you already volunteer, we ask you to tick the box.
- You will be invited to join our Member Directory. Those who do will be able to make contact with other members, adding to the sense of community in Beech which we want to support and develop further. Leave this blank if you’d prefer your address and contact details to remain completely private.
- Finally, there’s an option for you to give us the email addresses of other family members or neighbours so that we can send them a personal invitation to join.
We hope to develop this idea further, once we have a healthy number of members. We have lots of ideas, but we’ll be led by what villagers want and will support. For example, the Member Directory could be a great way to contact friends and neighbours, provided enough people sign up for it, if you don’t happen already to have their contact details.
As a thank-you for joining, three lucky Beech residents who have signed up as Members by March 31 will win a free supper at any social between April and November 2024!