|We think a coffee shop at Beech Village Hall would be a great place for us to meet, enjoy great coffee, tea and homemade cakes, and share company and conversation.|
This page is meant to share what we are planning, but you can:
- Tell us what you think by completing our online survey
- Sign up on our volunteering page to help with the coffee shop
So, what’s the plan?
Well firstly, we are just a small team of volunteers who love coffee, tea and/or cake! The things we will work on are:
- A ‘design’
- A ‘business case’
- How we run it
- And finally the project plan to make it all work! Soon!!!
Currently this is still an IDEA… we need to do a lot of work to establish if it is viable.
We will keep this page updated with our progress!!!
will address things like where (eg in the lounge), what (eg a commercial grade quality coffee maker, comfy furniture, signs etc)
The business case
needs to look at how much this will cost and an assessment of the market demand (ie how much coffee and cake will we drink and eat), so ultimately we know how much money we need to raise through fundraising and how much we can expect to earn through people paying for coffee and cake.
How we run it
or the ‘operational model’. This needs to address the day to day work of stocking and staffing a proper coffee shop – who will do this and how?
The plan to get to OPEN!
So when will be open to serve our first piece of cake and tea or coffee?
Well we don’t know yet, as we need to work out our costs, and then start fundraising whilst we work through all the details!
- We want to understand what the community would use. So, we are launching a survey which we will distribute in the next Beech Newsletter and also make available online.
- We will publish a summary of the results here!
- We are asking for volunteers to hep us work on the IDEA and also to help us run the shop