Featuring a locally-made oak entrance porch overlooking the well-kept green, the Hall is a sought-after venue for the surrounding area and is popular for wedding parties, birthdays and other events. The oak porch above happy couples now features in many wedding photograph albums. Situated at the junction of Medstead Road and Wellhouse Road and half a mile from the main A339, the Hall is easy to find and clearly sign-posted.
- Main Hall – a spacious 12m x 9m space with a flexible portable stage. Projector and large screen, CD/DVD player and full audio system available by special arrangement
- Lounge (6m x 6m) with bar area; separated from Main Hall by acoustic folding doors
- Meeting Room – a separately-accessed 4.75m x 4m venue perfect for smaller functions with a projector, electronic whiteboard and its own unisex toilet
- Commercial-standard kitchen
- Disabled access, toilet facilities and ample car parking spaces
- Baby changing facilities
- WiFi (by arrangement)
- Opens onto Village Green with a children’s play area
Plan: Download outline floorplan here (PDF file 63KB).
To view the hall please contact Peter Cox on 01420 563421 (office hours only).
The Hall plays host to a wide range of clubs, classes, recitals and talks as well as regular village social events. Regular activities include Pilates, Body Moves, Bridge, Rustlers, Baby Sensory and Art Classes.
Regular events include Quiz Nights, a Family Games evening and the annual Children’s and Adults’ Christmas Parties, as well as the monthly Village Social – an opportunity for Beech residents to meet friends and neighbours over a pint or a glass of wine and a home-cooked meal. See the Village Diary for details of forthcoming village events.
The Trustees of the Village Hall are also responsible for the maintenance of the Village Green and the Recreation Ground, the location of the annual Village Bonfire & Fireworks Night.
To read about these and other recent social events, click here.