Bunting, fizz & chips, the Big Beech Jubilee Bakeoff, Beacon Lighting and the BIG Beech Jubilee Lunch . . . Beech is getting ready to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in style!
Let’s be creative and bring the village alive to celebrate this special week. Some bunting has already appeared, so do join in by hanging out your flags and bunting and decorating your house and garden!
On Thursday June 2, the Fizz & Chips Social Evening starts at 5pm!
- Mossley & Bow will have their fish & chip wagon parked outside the Hall and will be serving between 5pm-9pm. You can pre-order by calling 07774 533599 or turn up on the night.
- The bar will be open from 5pm-10pm serving Hattingley Special Reserve sparking wine, Jubilee Ale from Triple fff Brewery, and all the usual drinks.
- Bake a jubilee themes pudding, bring your entry to the Village Hall by 7pm, and we will award a prize to Beech’s best pudding maker. We then all get to eat them!
- The Beacon lighting will be screened at 9.15pm
- This special evening replaces the normal end of May social.
On Sunday, June 5, we’re expecting a big crowd on the village green for the BIG Beech Jubilee Lunch from 2pm-6pm.
- Home-made afternoon tea including a very special Jubilee cake kindly funded by our East Hampshire councillor, Tony Costigan
- Pimms tent and bar
- Farnham Big Band featuring Anna, who sang beautifully for us at last year’s Jazz on the Green
- There’s still time to reserve your tickets, at £10 per person including food, or £25 for a family ticket (2 adults, 2 children). Email [email protected] or call Carol on 01420 544841 (Subject to availability. Last booking date June 2)
- Bring your own chairs and picnic tables . . . and wet weather gear if you think you’ll need it!