The Beech Social Committee has got something very special lined up for the village on Saturday 13th June!
This year’s summer party will be a traditional English barn dance, with live music from the – in many ways untraditional – folk band Threepenny Bit.
Hampshire-based Threepenny Bit are an example of how traditional dance tunes and contemporary sounds can be blended into a fresh interpretation of folk music. This dynamic eight-piece band combines a group of diehard folkies with some of the finest young jazz and classical musicians of the south. They play bold arrangements of traditional and original tunes with infectious stage energy for concerts and ceilidh dancing.
Their lively arrangements of traditional and original tunes played with infectious stage energy, are sure to have the whole family up and dancing! You can hear some examples from their new album here.
Midsummer Revels: Programme
- 6.00 Bar opens
- 6.15 Children’s activities
- 7.00 Buffet supper
- 7.30 Dancing – first ‘set’
- 8.45 Intermission with drawing of the raffle and children’s competition winner
- 9.15 Dancing – second ‘set’
- 10.30 Close
If the weather is kind, revellers are invited to bring rugs, outdoor chairs, etc. for al fresco eating on the Green, to make this an even more special occasion.
How you can help
As with any village event, the organisers would be grateful for your help in contributing to the success of the evening. Could you:
- Help prepare some food for the buffet supper? (recipes provided)
- Donate a bunch of flowers from your garden to decorate the hall and marquee (to be left in the marquee on the day)
- If so, please contact Stella to let her know!
So, round up your family and friends for this very special multi-generational Beech event at the Village Hall on Saturday 13th June. But don’t delay – tickets are selling fast!
Tickets: Adults £17.50; under 16s £10; Family ticket (for 4) £50 . Contact Peter on 563421 or by e-mail to reserve yours.