The Beech Village Hall AGM will be held at 6.30pm on Friday 31st October, immediately before the next Village Social.
The AGM is a great opportunity to see how the team that manage the Hall is running things, and also to have your own views and suggestions heard.
As many of the Committee as possible will be there, for you to see and hear. After the formal part of the AGM is over (see the info at the bottom of this page), there will be a discussion where you will be invited to tell us about what we are doing well, and what could be added or changed. As Beech does not have a pub, or other social hub, the Village Hall is there to provide the social interaction for the village.
So if you live in Beech, this charity and facility is there for you; and if it does not provide what you would like, then please come along and make your views known. The Management Committee are there to listen and, if practical, to provide this.
The atmosphere will be very informal, and following the AGM, at 6.30pm, the usual monthly Beech Village social will take place, so conversations can continue at the bar, or over supper.
If you would like to take part in helping organise and run events at the Hall, or take part in its organisation, or administration, we would love to hear from you. There are tasks and activities for many skills and backgrounds, but we particularly would like to hear from people who have a little time to give, who are:
- Villagers who have young children
- Villagers who have a background in marketing communications, and know about internet social marketing
- Villagers who have a background in event management
Please do not feel we will overwhelm you – we can use as little or as much time as you feel comfortable with!! The plan is for fun, not pressure…..
If you would like to chat about this, please contact Nick Charman in the first instance on 563046, or by email.
Information re Trustees and Management Committee 2014-15
- Anne Whitaker is continuing as an elected Trustee.
- Peter Cox is continuing as a member of the Management Committee.
- Daniel Gordon has now resigned his seat at the Management Committee due to work and time pressure.
- Elaine King will continue to report to, and attending the Committee as representative of the Beech Ladies and of the Beech Gardeners (BGs).