Nextdoor is the free private social network for neighbourhoods where members can:
· Share local recommendations (plumbers, auto mechanics, babysitters, etc.)
· Sell or give away household items.
· Publicise local events.
· Exchange information about crime and safety issues.
· Find neighbours in the directory.
· View a neighbourhood map.
· Ask for advice.
· Set up a sub group and connect with others who share a common interest for example books, wine, cycling, bridge, walking or a group for parents.
Residents can choose to view and respond to updates via email or directly on the website and apps are available for iPhone and Android.
The Beech neighbourhood is already set up. To join it you need to set up your own Nextdoor account. There are slightly different instructions depending on whether you join on the website or smartphone app. The Nextdoor link at the end of this article takes you to the Nextdoor website where you can register your address and email to be linked to the Beech group. There is an address verification stage to make sure you live where you say you do! This is either via postcard, phone no. or a lead member who can verify you if they know you.